Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is our Light Weight Stone Veneer real stone?
InfinitiStone light weight stone products are manufactured (man made) stone, with distinctive advantages over real stone, as follows;
· It is light weight (as much as 1/3 lighter than real stone),
· It can be cladded onto practically any new or existing structurally sound wall without additional structural support,
· It is much cheaper than real stone,
· It is colourfast,
· It is durable and is non-combustible,
· It is easy to install - as much as half your installation time saved!
We also have a range of natural stacked stone which are factory cut and adhered together manually and are typically 100mm High x 500mm Long panels. Please see our Products Page for more details.
Does the colour go all the way through your manufactured stone ranges?
Yes! A base colour is blended throughout the entire product. Colour overtones are applied and integrated into the product during the casting process. Please note that as every stone is handmade, colours may vary slightly from sample board.
What are InfinitiStone manufactured ranges made of?
InfinitiStone are cast in moulds taken from hand selected natural stone, capturing the finest details. Each colour and texture uses a unique blend of cement aggregates and iron oxide pigments
How heavy are InfinitiStone products?
The weight varies by style. The approximate weight on our manufactured ranges are 30-45 kilograms per square metre dependent on the product selected. Our natural stone ranges are 45-55 kg/m2.
What is the average thickness of InfinitiStone?
Average thickness on our manufactured ranges are 20-60 millimetres and our natural stone ranges are 10-30mm, dependent on range.
Can InfinitiStone Products be cut?
Yes! InfinitStone manufactured products can be easily cut or trimmed using a hatchet or wide-mouth nipper. You may also use a hand held grinder with a masonry or diamond blade. We recommend cutting our natural stone ranges by wet saw with diamond blade.
What type of surface is necessary in order to be suitable?
InfinitiStone products may be adhered to practically any prepared, clean, untreated, structurally sound wall surfaces. This includes Wallboards, Plywood, Paneling, Wall Sheathing, Concrete/Cement Board or masonry walls. Please refer to substrate manufacturer's instruction for appropriate preparation work to receive InfinitiStone veneer.
Can InfinitiStone products be used on walk-ways or patios?
No. All our ranges are designed for wall cladding only.
Can InfinitiStone products be used on wall areas adjacent to swimming pools?
InfinitiStone products will perform the same as any other high quality lightweight concrete material. It should be taken into consideration with any concrete or natural material that continued exposure to chlorine and other chemicals may eventually affect the coloration of the products. When frequently exposed to water, we recommend protection with a non-film, breathable masonry sealer.
Should I colour the mortar/grout?
Dependent on the finish you seek, where applicable, the colour of your grout can enhance the look of your stone wall. Our Natural stone ranges do not require grouting
Does InfinitiStone manufactured Products shrink?
InfinitiStone does not shrink once installed. As with all moulded products, there may be minor shrinkage during curing time in the factory. Tolerance is + or - 3-5mm.
Will InfinitiStone manufactured Products fade?
Colours form an integral part of InfinitiStone products during the casting process as such it is colourfast. Existing applications show no undesirable colour change after years of various weather conditions.
How do I install Infiniti Stone products?
Use mortar or premixed adhesives. Please refer to our install guide.
How are InfinitiStone products sold?
Flat pieces are sold by the square metre, where available, external Corner pieces are per linear metre run. Corners are NOT available on our Natural Stone ranges.
How are InfinitiStone products packaged?
Dependent on the item chosen, most manufactured products come in boxes containing 1m2 flats and 2.4 lineal metre corners. Please check with your nearest stockist to confirm before ordering. Natural stone ranges are in 0.25m2/box.
Can InfinitiStone products be used on both exterior and interior applications?
Yes! InfinitiStone products are suitable for both applications, allowing you to bring the outdoors inside as well as emphasizing your design and continuity in your colour and texture design schemes.
What maintenance is required for Infinitistone products if any?
Periodic washing to remove surface dust and debris is all that is required. Most InfinitStone products are virtually maintenance free.
Can we seal the stone?
It is not required to seal our manufactured stone ranges, unless you are creating a water feature or are located in coastal areas. If you choose to use a sealer, use only Silane or Siloxane based, penetrating, breathable sealers. Note: A sealer may affect the stone colour and create a sheen, so always test a small area beforehand.
With our Natural Stone ranges, we do recommend applying a penetrating, breathable slate sealer.
How many product types are available?
There is a wide variety of products in several different colour tones to choose from. Please call us or visit our web site at www.infinitistone.com.au
Manufactured Product Colour Variations
Our manufactured products utilises naturally occurring aggregates and are handmade, therefore no guarantee can be given that each order will have identical colour tones. As such, on large Projects we recommend ordering in one batch.
Limitations of Photographic Process
Colour variations are evident in all manufactured and natural stone products and whilst the colours reproduced in this website and/or on our brochures are as accurate as photographic processes allow, it is essential that your choice is made from actual samples at your local stockist.
How do I order?
Simply call, fax or email us your Invitation to Quote, stating your required product code and quantity required, including advising your contact details & address, including postcode and your nearest stockist sales consultants will be in contact with you to discuss and/or submit formal cost proposals.
- Projects Gallery
- Stone Project Videos
- InfinitiStone Stone Cladding Projects
- Store Finder
- Stockists InfinitiStone Stone Cladding-Melbourne-Sydney-Perth-Brisbane-Hobart-Adelaide
- About Us
- Installl Tips
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Our Environmental Commitment
- Terms & Conditions
- Contact us
- Quotation Require
- 15 May 2013 Stone Cladding Adelaide South Australia | Stacked Stone | SandStone
- 23 Apr 2013 Stone Facing Fireplace
- 17 Apr 2013 D.I.Y. 3D Wall Tile Cladding made EASY!
- 10 Apr 2013 Do It Yourself Stone Wall Water Feature
- 15 Mar 2013 Stone Cladding Melbourne | InfinitiStone moves into New East Keilor Showroom
- 07 Feb 2013 SandStone Cladding | Random Field Stone Popular Pet Resort Specifies InfinitiStone
- 06 Dec 2012 3D Wall Tiles - 3D Boards - 3D Interior Wall Tiles
- 22 Oct 2012 DIY Water Feature and Stone Wall in 3 easy Steps
- 28 Sep 2012 Ledge Stone Feature Walls in Fashion
- 06 Aug 2012 Stone Cladding | Stone Wall | Stacked Stone Veneer Melbourne
- 30 Jul 2012 Garden Water Features | Stacked Stone | Water Features Melbourne
- 28 Jul 2012 Create 3D Stone Feature walls with InfinitiStone Mount Buller Mountain Ledge
- 20 Jul 2012 Stone Cladding Sydney | Stacked Stone NSW|PJ Tiles & Building Dubbo
- 06 Jul 2012 Stone Cladding Gold Coast | Stacked Stone Brisbane|Tiles by Morrissey Tweed Heads
- 03 Jul 2012 Stone Cladding Broken Hill | Stacked Stone Broken Hill | BuildPro Broken Hill